Ashland Place United Methodist Church

Built in 1939-40, Ashland Place Chapel was an extension of Saint Francis Street United Methodist Church in downtown Mobile

The sanctuary today is very much as it was originally, fashioned from reclaimed brick, and wood from demolished buildings in downtown mobile. The stone entrances came from the old Mobile Gas Company’s production plant.

source: Cart Blackwell & Douglas Kearley; Alabama-West Florida UMC; Bowden Architecture